“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ. And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.” 2 Cor. 1:20.
God has made so many promises to us in His Word, and all of them are “yes!” He is a good Father who loves to give good gifts to His children, and He does not exclude any of us from His goodness. You are not excluded from His love. However, there is a catch. If someone stops by and puts a gift on my doorstep, I cannot possess the gift if I never discover it is there by opening the door. Similarly, there are many promises we may be missing out on in His Word simply because we don’t know they are available to us to receive. For example:
- God is our healer (Exodus 15:26-27);
- We never have to make decisions alone, because He will instruct us and teach us in the way we should go (Psalm 32:8);
- He will keep us in perfect peace – we do not have to be anxious, ever again (Isaiah 26:3);
- To those who delight in Him, He will give them the desires of their heart (Psalm 37:4); and
- For those who abide in Him and His will, we can request anything, and He will do it (John 15:7).
These are big promises! We serve a crazy good God who gives “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think,” but we cannot ask for what we do not know is available to us.
Today, choose to discover these promises He has for you, and lay hold of the abundant goodness He longs to pour into your life—you may just be surprised by all that is available to you!
Today’s devotion was written by Erin Grant. Erin says, “I am who I am because of who He is. God changed my life, and my heart is to be used of Him to bring others into the healing, wholeness, and freedom He intended for each one of us. Ultimately, I long to bring others into an encounter with His heart and manifest presence, and to see revival and salvations ignited across the United States.”