What do you hope to accomplish?
The Z exists to present Jesus to the widest possible audience and to all who will listen, through finding common ground with them… to introduce non-believers to Jesus and to encourage students and young adults to become complete and courageous followers of Christ.
“Whatever people are like, I try to find common ground with them so that they will let me tell them about Christ and let Christ save them”. 1 Corinthians 9:22(NLT)
Why use radio/online streaming?
Radio Reaches Virtually Everyone Almost Everywhere. Radio reaches more than 93% of all teens, adults, men and women weekly. 99% of all households and automobiles have radio. Radio is uniquely able to reach students where no other media can. Online streaming is the NEXT radio station.
Where is your focus?
The Z has a passion to reach the Local Community, The Upstate of South Carolina. Our focus is on the student that can ultimately become a part of a local church – ours – or one of the many Bible Believing Churches in the Upstate, but our message is available worldwide streaming online at www.TheZ.com.
Who can hear the Z?
Each tower covers an approximate 10 mile radius. A potential of more than 200,000 people can tune into The Z on one of its FM frequencies:
- 104.1FM in Spartanburg can be heard by approximately 54,000 people.
- 95.5FM in Roebuck can be heard by approximately 6,000 people.
- 95.7FM in Greer can be heard by approximately 26,000 people.
- 105.7FM in Easley can be heard by approximately 21,000 people.
- 102.1FM in Seneca can be heard by approximately 19,000 people.
- 94.1FM in Wellford can be heard by approximately 5,000 people.
- 94.9FM in East Greenville can be heard by approximately 72,000 people.
- 105.9FM in Simpsonville can be heard by approximately 17,000 people.
- 97.7FM in Six Mile can be heard by approximately 2,000 people.
On 89.3FM–HD2, HisRadioZ the number of people listening with this new technology is not known at this time.
The full network is estimated to have 12,000 distinct listeners each week including online streaming. The maximum audience at any one time is estimated to be 4700 listeners. During an average quarter hour 1000 to 1500 listeners are tuned to The Z.
Why don’t you have a full power station instead of multiple low power translators?
The last full power station in our broadcast market sold for 10 million dollars… just for the license – no tower or equipment. This is the door God has opened today.