Aw, Christian music. That fabulous bubble that we hate to admit exists but are more than okay with allowing to envelope our twenty-four-seven like a comfortable pillow filled with baby angelic feathers. Is there such a thing as “too much” when talking about music that encourages, uplifts, and strengthens our faith while digging us out of the armpits of life? We think not.
So, for those of us that eat, breathe, sleep, and soak our eardrums in a constant bath of Jesus Jams that would make our grandma nod with approval, this is for you.
1. When your knowledge of local geography is correlated to which churches regularly host Christian concerts. Because why else are we going anywhere?
2. When the only nice clothes you have are merch from Christian artists.
3. When your camera roll is filled with Instagram story screenshots of your favorite Christian artists, concert videos, concert pictures, and nothing else.
4. All the stickers on your vehicle or laptop are of Christian artists.
5. When you’re surprised to learn that ‘skillet’ can also refer to an actual frying pan, so that’s where they got the name.
6. When you can only tell what month it is by what concerts you’re going to that month
7. When you mentally mash-up mainstream bridges with similarly sounding Christian choruses.
8. All your hats are from Christian concerts or festivals.
9. When your wedding song selections are all Christian songs. Because Jesus needs to come to the wedding, too.
10. When you have more than one Spotify playlist titled “JESUS.”
11. When all your radio pre-sets in your car are Christian radio stations.